Worcester March 2018 Meeting
Homebuilding and Renovation From £2K to £4M in 3.5 years – Yvonne Emery
After building a portfolio of 27 HMO’s in 3.5 years, Yvonne and her husband wanted to find something bigger to renovate.
Highfields was a derelict, fire damaged Victorian Mansion on a 2 acre plot that had been left to rot for 10 years. They saw its potential and renovated the property and now they have built 5 houses on the remaining acre of land.
When they started they had just £2k in the bank. They arranged an exchange and delayed completion and nearly didn’t have the money to complete!.
During this presentation, Yvonne, will share the secrets to
- How she raised £150,000 in 24 hours without using crowd funding
- Taking a bold step in property
- How to borrow £1m
- Turning investing into a business and
- How to make sure you are investing the right way for you.
Be prepared for a whirlwind tour of how you can grow your portfolio exponentially and turn your investing into a business opportunity!
ALSO …. Stamp Duty Land Tax – What you need to know – Andrew Punter
After an introduction to what exactly Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is, Andrew will explore the many exemptions and reliefs that exist within HMRC’s rule book.
Armed with this knowledge, your next deal might be £000’s cheaper. There may even be some overpayments that you might be able to claim back.
- 1 in 6 property deals are incorrectly paying SDLT.
- The HMRC manual has many little known exemptions and reliefs.
- Top conveyancers and solicitors are getting it wrong.
- There could be a brown envelope from HMRC with a big cheque in it for YOU!