Raising Investment from Private Individuals – Fraser MacDonald
Fraser Macdonald is a property investor with 20 years experience. He was one of the founding partners of Prosperity Capital Partners in 2013. Prosperity build blocks of student accommodation. Prosperity have built and are currently building over 1,000 student rooms. Fraser’s role at Prosperity is Investor Relations Director. His main responsibility is to raise investor loans to complete the debt required to acquire and build the student developments and to keep investors updated on the progress of these developments. In the last three years Fraser has raised £8.5M from investors. In this presentation Fraser will share the legal structure of how to raise private investor finance and the psychology of how to deal with investors who typically invest £100,000+ in a Prosperity deal.
Key Learning Points:
1) The psychology of dealing with Investors:
- Standard vs Unregulated Investing
- What is a good return?
- Investor attitude to Risk
- Types of Investor (emotional)
- Following Up
- AIDA – converting a prospect into an Investor
2) Legal framework for dealing with investors:
- Collective Investments
- Types of investor (technical)
- What is a professional client?
- Statutes & Compliance
- FCA & AR (Appointed Representative status)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA)
ALSO… Peter Rowan
NEW BOOKING SYSTEM
We are currently trialling our new booking system pin-ECO at this pin meeting. pin Eco is our new online portal which has been created to enhance your online experience with property investors network. You will have an individual log in to this portal which will allow you to update your personal information, book onto pin Meetings and view and print your confirmation.
|Time:||6:00pm – 7:00pm Networking & Registration 7:00pm – 9:00pm Meeting|
|Directions:||Click to View Directions|
|Price:||£ 20.00 GBP (Pounds)|