Coventry March 2018 Meeting
Strategy on a Page: Property Special – Deri Llewellyn-Davies
In a career spanning two decades, Deri’s business expertise has included roles on elite corporate boards from four billion dollar companies up to European executive board level. And having run 20 of his own small businesses, advising over 250 and speaking to thousands he brings his audiences deep insights with both a global and local perspective.
To succeed in today’s business structure we must adapt, grow and be willing to let go of the old-world thinking which prevents sustainability and scalability. The millennial-driven workforce, which now dominates the marketplace, demands an innovative, accountable and values-driven agenda, which means we must say goodbye to the strategic status quo.
Deri's key objectives during his presentation are to:
- Provide you with a new strategic tool for the new business world, to execute immediately.
- Identify the main failure points in business and create a plan to avoid them.
- Ensure everyone in the company is aligned with the plan, which is actionable and trackable NOW.
- Define what strategy is and what it isn’t – blowing some myths apart.
- Define the very core of the business purpose and aligning strategy to that.
- Discover why not adhering to company VALUES is a sackable offence. Values are more than fluffy words on a WALL.
- Why most small and medium sized businesses fail and how they can predict future events, tailored to the property industry.
- How to bring strategy alive, cascade it throughout your teams and make it flexible for the new world of business growth.
This is a talk not to be missed!
ALSO …. Stamp Duty Land Tax – What you need to know – Andrew Punter
After an introduction to what exactly Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is, Andrew will explore the many exemptions and reliefs that exist within HMRC’s rule book.
Armed with this knowledge, your next deal might be £000’s cheaper. There may even be some overpayments that you might be able to claim back.
- 1 in 6 property deals are incorrectly paying SDLT.
- The HMRC manual has many little known exemptions and reliefs.
- Top conveyancers and solicitors are getting it wrong.
- There could be a brown envelope from HMRC with a big cheque in it for YOU!